Here are the patch notes for 1.1.3. With this update, we have introduced a fix to the “purple shaders” rendering issue that was encountered by many of you. Alongside this fix, we are introducing a number of new weapons and variants, some new legendary content as well as some other changes with our Anti-camping package.
Due to a number of issues that occurred for many of you over the last few weeks (rendering problems (shaders), disconnections, heavy rubberbanding), we have added compensation to your accounts as previously mentioned in our streams:
- 1000 Blood Bonds
- 5000 Hunt Dollars
Anyone that has played since the 1.0 launch will be granted this compensation. We want to thank you again for your patience and support while we worked to resolve these issues.
Highlights[edit | edit source]
New weapons[edit | edit source]
- New early game, single-shot rifle that uses Medium Ammo.
- The Springfield 1866 is, in essence, a converted Civil War-era musket that can now fire cartridges through a trapdoor mechanism, loaded from the top.
- Available at Rank 1, giving players the option to choose between the Romero 77 (short-range), Winfield 1873C (mid-range) and the Springfield 1866 (long-range).
The Springfield 1866 also comes with four other variants:
- Springfield 1866 Marksman - fitted with a medium scope, ideal for sniping.
- Springfield 1866 Compact - sawn-off version that uses a medium slot.
- Springfield 1866 Compact Striker - sawn-off version with an attached knife for both regular and heavy melee attacks.
- Springfield 1866 Compact Deadeye - sawn-off version with an attached short scope. Due to the lack of a stock for stabilization, this weapon will have increased sway.
- New early game single-shot rifle that uses Long ammo.
- The Martini-Henry IC1 is a shortened version of the British service rifle, intended for cavalry and artillery units mainly.
- Martini-Henry rifles have a faster reload resulting in a higher rate of fire than the Sparks LRR, however it fires a heavy, slow black powder cartridge with slightly less power that makes it less reliable at longer ranges than its cousin.
- The weapon unlocks early and is an alternative pick for the Sparks LRR (similar to how the Lebel 1886 and Mosin-Nagant M1891 share a similar role), each having their own pros and cons.
The weapon comes with two variants:
- Martini-Henry IC1 Deadeye - fitted with a short scope for accurate fire at medium range
- Martini-Henry IC1 Riposte - melee version with a mounted powerful saber bayonet that is used for both regular and heavy melee attacks
Anti-Camping Package[edit | edit source]
This update includes a number of changes that are aimed at encouraging players to be more active/more likely to move around the map rather than solely relying on an overly defensive strategy. There is no single change that can act as the silver bullet to achieve this, but with these smaller changes in different areas, we hope that this will make playing overly defensive less enticing to those that usually prefer that option.
The changes aim to address the following:
- Give more options to resolve stalemates as well as push through a camping situation with a higher degree of success:
- Item boxes have been added around the map to allow players to replenish tools and consumables during a mission.
- Extra cues added to help players better understand instances when they may be running into a camping situation:
- New sounds added to Dark sight when approaching a boss. Sounds vary depending on boss status (idle, contested or already dead)
- Reward players for completing and extracting with the bounty in a timely manner:
- A new accolade has been added that rewards extra bounty for every minute left on the mission timer upon extraction while carrying a bounty token.
More details can be found in their respective sections below.
New Legendary Content[edit | edit source]
- Legendary Lebel 1886 Marksman
- Named for Hunter Michael Zorngeist, who haunted the Bayou for years, this Lebel is known— like its owner — for being versatile, playful, and dangerous.
- Legendary Dolch 96 Precision
- This unique Dolch is the notorious weapon of a fiercely bearded hunter. Far from humble beginnings in Bavaria, in the bayou, he’s known to don his cowhide hat each day after killing a man. Rarely a day goes by bareheaded.
- Phoebe Brewer, the first Louisianan woman to become a US Marshall, faced a terrible choice when she became a Hunter: to renounce a lifetime’s work. But, there was only one way into the AHA's inner circle, and only one way to fight the evil lurking there.It lost her an eye, her sobriety, and her public image, but her unknown legacy of fighting evil at its strongest was a price worth paying.
The Mountain Man
- Thomas Bridge was one of many Mountain Men to open up the American frontier. He turned his back on civilization after escaping a burning mill sieged by five hundred insurrectionists. Since, he can only sleep under a night sky and counts trapping, scouting and bounty hunting as his trades. An association with an unholy trinity almost ended his hunting career, although if anyone was to survive their company, it was Bridge.
General Updates[edit | edit source]
AI[edit | edit source]
- Normalized the headshot damage received to be more in line with other AI, like Grunts. (Headshots are a single shot kill).
Gunplay[edit | edit source]
- Normal melee attack damage increased from 60 to 90.
- Heavy melee attack damage from 120 to 135.
- Normal melee attack damage increased from 52 to 82
Concertina Trip Mine
- Now releases fewer wire pieces to make it easier to destroy with melee attacks and should help to avoid becoming entangled.
- To compensate for this change, the initial damage upon triggering the mine has been increased.
- These changes make single Concertina trip mines less effective to block passage ways, but will reward smarter placement overall.
Hunter[edit | edit source]
- Hunters now come with 4 Tool and 4 Consumable slots by default. [Anti-camping Package]
- The two traits (Packmule and Frontiersman) that previously gave Hunters the respective fourth slot have been redesigned (see below!)
- This also applies for Quickplay. Hunters can now collect up to 4 Tools and 4 Consumables and possibly win a fully equipped Soul Survivor.
- Looting a hunter now also has a chance to give a random consumable, if there is a free slot in your inventory. [Anti-camping Package]
- Consumables received from the Item boxes are usually of an offensive nature, like Flash Bomb, Dynamite or Hive Bomb, but does not include items like Concertina Bomb or Poison Bomb
- Packmule: Looting an item box as well as looting a new consumable from a dead hunter will now provide 2 consumables if possible. (only applies to new consumables) [Anti-camping Package]
- Frontiersman: Tools with charges now come with one additional charge at the start of the mission [Anti-camping Package].
New Hunter Variations
- Added one additional tier 1 female Hunter variation.
- Added four additional tier 2 female Hunter variations.
- Added two additional tier 3 female Hunter variations.
- Two additional unique faces added that are used by some of the new female Hunter variations.
- First-person arms of female Hunters now include rings, bracelets, and sleeves.
Bounty Hunt[edit | edit source]
- Hunters that are close to a Boss compound (<80m) will now be able to hear the demon essence of the boss whisper to them while using Dark Sight. [Anti-camping Package]
- At <40m, the whisper will become more aggressive as the Boss reacts to the Hunters' presence
- If any Hunter triggers the aggressive whisper, it can be heard by all other Hunters in range to hear any whispering (<80m)
- When the Boss is slain, the whisper stops immediately.
These sounds are aimed at allowing players that pay attention to these sounds, a chance to have a better perception of what other hunters around them may be doing as well as help to avoid walking into a camping situation.
- Added a visual indicator on the HUD that flashes the target status in the top left corner when entering the outer and inner whisper radius.
- Increased the bounty for collect clues from 25 to 50 Hunt dollars.
Quickplay[edit | edit source]
- The weapon crates have been expanded to include all new weapons and have been optimized to be more consistent, changing the distribution and spawn chances of equipment slightly
Meta[edit | edit source]
- Added new accolade card in summary screen that rewards extra bounty for every minute left on the mission timer upon extraction, while carrying a bounty token [Anti-camping Package].
- The faster the bounty token is extracted; the more bonus bounty is rewarded.
- Lightfoot increased from 3 to 5
- Physician increased from 3 to 5
- Frontierman increased from 3 to 8
- Dauntless reduced from 2 to 1
- Tomahawk reduced from 2 to 1
- Iron Repeater reduced from 3 to 2
- Poacher reduced from 3 to 2
- Mithradist reduced from 4 to 3
- Steady Aim reduced from 4 to 3
- Bloodless reduced from 5 to 4
- Silent Killer reduced from 7 to 5
- Quartermaster reduced from 8 to 6
New Legendary Weapons
- Added Lebel Marksman "Zorngeist" - 500 Blood Bonds
- Added Dolch Precision "Griffin" - 500 Blood Bonds
New Legendary Hunters
- Added "The Mountain Man" - 700 Blood Bonds
- Added "Marshall Brewer” - 500 Blood Bonds
- New weapon added: Springfield 1866: 38$ (unlocks at Rank 1)
- New weapon added: Springfield 1866 Marksman: 73$ (variant unlock)
- New weapon added: Springfield 1866 Compact: 33$ (variant unlock)
- New weapon added: Springfield 1866 Compact Striker: 56$ (variant unlock)
- New weapon added: Springfield 1866 Compact Deadeye: 46$ (variant unlock)
- New weapon added: Martini-Henry IC1: 122$ (unlocks at Rank 16)
- New weapon added: Martini-Henry IC1 Deadeye: 145$ (variant unlock)
- New weapon added: Martini-Henry IC1 Riposte: 164$ (variant unlock)
- Added new resupply station: Item Box [Anti-camping Package]
- Looting Item boxes will grant a random offensive consumable or resupply a single charge of a tool.
- Item boxes and looting Hunters will grant 1 charge to a resupplied tool.
- There are usually 1-2 Item Boxes available in any compound and 1 can always be found at a Supply Point.
- Item Boxes cannot be found in Quickplay matches.
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed purple shader issue.
- Server-side optimizations made to the main thread network code to reduce the load when players disconnect/extract.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Last Partner” to not be displayed on the last match details screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hunters to receive the same traits twice.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to become stuck in the “Transmitting selected mission” when inviting a friend through Steam.
- Fixed a number of minor localization issues.
- Fixed a number of animation issues.
- Fixed audio loop that occurred with certain throwables that resulted in the audio persisting longer than intended.
- Fixed Quickslot 2 sometimes being mapped the same item as Quickslot 1 on the controller
- Fixed some rare cases with 'Butcher' being shown when dying to the 'Immolator' in death recap.
- Fixed rare cases of infinite health regeneration in really rare cases where burning starts in the same frame as health regeneration
- Fixed some random force feedback effects triggering on the controller for all players (i.e. when another player in the session was throwing a knife).
- Fixed a bug that resulted in a single caged dog to survive for a while longer after a lantern explosion.
- Fixed a bug that caused your hunter to appear in the background when clicking on the upgrade points in the last match screen.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in windows and doors not being rendered correctly at certain distances depending on the graphics preset.
- Fixed a bug that caused the unlock requirements to continue to show in the roster ad shops pages even after unlocking the item.
- LOD blending may not always appear smooth for some objects.
- Some animations may occasionally snap during weapon/item switching.
- Windows and doors may not render correctly at certain distances depending on the graphics preset.
- Chaining heavy melee attacks with the Martini-Henry Riposte might feel clunky.
- Springfield 1866 Marksman, Springfield 1866 Marksman Compact Deadeye and Martini-Henry IC1 Deadeye use aim down sight sensitivity instead of their scope sensitivity.
- In some rare cases, an Item box may not provide any items when only the tools of your Hunter can be replenished.
- Quickplay: Ammo replenishment of an owned tool may be delayed when collecting.
- In the unlikely event that a player is killed by the choke bomb’s damage (1), the death screen doesn't show the correct source.
- Sometimes weapons can drop on top of each other making it hard to loot the correct one.
- In rare cases weapons can get stuck in a reload loop for a few seconds.
- Sometimes tools or consumables can float in the world.
- Moving close to windows while being on fire causes the window to break.
- It is currently not possible to clean contraband weapons when they are equipped to a hunter.
- When playing in a trio, the party host will see the incorrect loadouts for the other team members in the menu.
- It may happen that the underdog bonus is incorrectly displayed when in a trio.
- Dollar rewards for challenges are displaying wrong values challenges tab - players receive the correct amount (double) though upon claiming.
- Cleaning contraband items can lead to sorting issues in the Equipment screen.
- Contraband weapons cannot be cleaned when they are currently equipped.
- Account linking currently doesn't work.
- In rare cases clients might experience render issues when other players extract from the map.
- Out of breath audio can sometimes continue to play after stopping to sprint.
~The Hunt team.